Tuesday 13 July 2010

FMP.


having documented a small selection of my work from art foundation, i can begin to embark on posting all the fun and games that my Final Majour Project entailed. being able to design our briefs proved challenging at first, i realised i wanted to explore the idea of being green, and using
this theme explore ways of producing products that would fit into a boutique enviroment.

'' 'The Greenhouse' I feel this represents the nature of my boutique both literally and more subtly through the connotations of the term in our modern day environment. Not only does ‘The Greenhouse’ denote the useful garden apparatus in which to aid the growth and development of plants: directly linking into the ‘green’ idea of my project through the natural cycle of reuse and redevelopment. But it also conjures up the connotations of greenhouse gases, carbon emissions and the necessity for recycling and reuse as a result. I think that this name works extremely well as it portrays both the botanical influences within my initial ideas, as well as my intentions to create a ‘green living’ themed boutique. ''

i took this quote from the final paragraph of my evaluation, 'the greenhouse' is a brand i hope to continue to use when designing products based on 'green living'.


No comments:

Post a Comment