Wednesday 14 July 2010

from this to this.

i knew from the start of my project i wanted to have a go at re-inventing an old tired piece of furniture into something more sophisticated and relevant to styles now; of course the idea of recycling old furniture fitted well into my 'green living' theme.

from this.

i found this cabinet when i visited the local rubbish tip, for £10 i thought it was a bargain. unfortunately it didn't have a key but to my surprise i found one that fitted at home... then when the door opened i found the original key inside. much to the surprise of Hazel (my friend) who laughed when i suggested i might have a key that fitted at home.

to this.

i later found a mirror that i also painted in a neutral colour, this sits perfectly at the back. the next piece of furniture i found also came from the tip, this time a telephone table costing £5. i started to get good at this bargain hunting.

from this.

to this.

i hope that the finished results reflect my intentions, above i have hand printed the design for the chair, and styled the seat with my own cushions, also hand screen printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment